Green River Commons | Only Three Beautiful Homes Left
Smaller and Healthy… Better Built… is the New Beautiful. And Priced Right for you, starting at $164,900.
(As of May 19, 2020 one of our one bedrooms just went under deposit… hurry!)
We have just three beautiful, sustainable and healthy homes left for you to choose from. One 2 bedroom and 2 one bedrooms; one level condominium living, Green River views, easy access to public transportation, and located just steps from downtown Greenfield, MA. Life is GREAT!
Green River Commons | Developed by Green River Homes, LLC, this small cluster of seven homes in one triplex and one quad building, is close to the theater, arts, great restaurants and shopping, offering you a one-of-kind enviable sustainable neighborhood living experience. One floor living, with sloping 10.6′ ceilings provides a sense of spaciousness and charm. These homes offer the best of mid-century American style, and are designed for passive and active solar performance. With construction technologies for the 21st century, your new home is outfitted with a state of the art HVAC system, providing comfort all year around and constant/periodic ventilation to refresh interior air, as well as providing you with significant savings in your monthly utility bills.
All of these beautiful homes have one assigned parking place with 7 additional spaces including one handicap accessible space. Backyard patios with landscape architecture and planting design includes hydrangeas, rhododendrons, witch hazel and viburnum, providing year round color and texture to your outdoor space.
Enjoy the years to come in homes developed by Green River Homes, LLC, (GRH) built by Wright Builders, Inc., Western New England’s celebrated leading Green Builder, and offered by Wanda Mooney of Coldwell Upton-Massamount Realtors.
With only 3 homes remaining, hurry, before we’ve sold out! Please enjoy our video.
For more information, please contact Wanda Mooney, Associate Broker
Cell: (413) 768-9849 Office: (413) 337-8344
LOVE Green River Commons DESIGN FEATURES:
- Professionally selected exterior color schemes
- Dark skies compliant LED 60 w. or equivalent outdoor lighting
- Woods and river views
- Private pedestrian walkways
- Pressure treated porch frame with Trex or similar composite decking.
- 1.28 gallon flush Gerber Viper ErgoHeight toilets
- All non-VOC paints utilized in the interior
- Solid core doors
- Pre-finished engineered wood floors throughout except tiled floor bathrooms and 4′ x 4′ entry area
- Vinyl clapboard siding with vinyl /aluminum trim
- Patios and storage shed
- Extensive use of engineered lumber products for framing and sheathing to optimize best forestry practice, minimize shrinkage and control waste
EXPERIENCE THESE ENERGY SAVINGS FEATURES:
- Floor insulation: R-20 rigid insulation with vapor and radon retardant barrier
- Windows: Double hung Pella triple glazed vinyl windows – R-4.5
- Estimated HERS ratings of 44 or lower. (better than code minimum!)
- R-32 wall insulation, R-60 ceiling insulation
- Roof top solar PV ready (photovoltaic easement); location by vendor
- Very high efficiency ductless mini-split system. SEER rating 21
- LED lighting
- ENERGY STAR appliances, where applicable
ENJOY THESE FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Very low operating costs achieved through ENERGY STAR compliance, low HERS rating and state-of-the-art building envelope design.
- Cleaned, refreshed and healthy indoor air with utilization of efficient air exchange systems (Energy Recovery Ventilation).
- Relative humidity levels in the winter can be maintained at 40% or higher, for optimal health results for people, pets and plants.
- Drought tolerant and indigenous landscape plantings mean less maintenance and sustainable beauty.
- Superb insulation levels provide lower indoor temperature fluctuation for greater comfort, energy efficiency and cost savings.
- Wright Builders’ signature detailing for less sound transference between ALL attached homes.
- Sustainable practices create long term value for homes which perform well and will be economical far into the future when energy costs will inevitably raise significantly.
- Satisfaction of knowing that a long-term investment, enjoyed every day by family members, is also treading as lightly as possible on the planet.
- Minimally vulnerable during power outages – homes hold their temperature for an extended period of time.
Green River Commons Solar PV Program and Information
All Green River Commons homes will be equipped with a bi-directional electric meter, necessary conduits from the electrical panel area to the roof for connections, and a roof structure designed for the PV panel loads.
The roof area needed for your panel installation will be provided to you for this purpose under an Exclusive Use easement that Wright Builders has pioneered elsewhere.
Green River Homes, LLC envisions Green River Commons as a 100% Net Zero capable solar home community and strongly encourages all homeowners to install a buyer owned photovoltaic system. Actual utility usage can vary widely depending on occupants’ habits, temperature settings and a variety of factors. Having rooftop solar installed is, net of incentives, is cheaper for the homeowner both initially and in the long run, than buying power solely from the grid. In addition, green electricity changes your relationship to consumption and to global warming. More detailed information on options is available separately.
Green River Homes, LLC (GRH) will have proposals available to buyers for individually owned systems for outright or independently financed purchase, provided by Pioneer Valley Photo Voltaics (PV2), a locally owned Coop that is also an industry leader. The 360 Watt Sunpower panel is the most durable and highest performing, initially and over time, in the industry, is assembled in North American, and comes with an excellent warranty.
GRH, LLC expects that all systems will be provided through this arrangement for visual, service, and permitting compatibility. GRH, LLC has no financial interest in these dealings, but intends that the PV systems provider will be uniform across the project for service, economy, appearance and high performance.
PV panels can and should be installed. You CAN afford this! They can be connected and provide for importing and exporting of power from your system to the grid. At this writing, sufficient and appropriate transformers have been planned and engineered to meet current Public Utility Tariff Regulations as they apply to Eversource and these proposed installations. This is intended to provide for Net Metering, which means that the power bought and sold transact at virtually the same price per KWH. However, this is a changing environment, and administration of Tariff arrangements varies.
GRH cannot guarantee Net Metering to buyers, despite our best efforts to achieve this goal, due to the regulatory environment. That confirmation can be made at time of service request for the Net Meter.
Even without the net metering feature, using the grants and federal tax credits available, and financing from mass lean Energy Center administered by Five College Federal Credit, these systems can be afforded by ALL on an ownership basis.